The penthouse is on the second floor of an ancient residential building overlooking a Medieval castle in the historic centre of Catania. Before 1669 the south side of the castle was overlooking the sea. A large volcanic eruption destroyed the city, covering part of the sea and expanding the city towards the south.
This building is in a wonderful location and was originally built on two floors (ground and first) during the Decò age with lava stone masonry walls and finely decorative details (tiles and ceilings). During the ‘50s the second floor was built from a mix of bricks and concrete. The project involved constructing another floor, that completely changed the layout as well as the design of all the interiors and furniture.